Search This Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

It's me!

I have had this blog for years, but never put anything much on it.  So today I introduce myself.  I'm a mom who works full-time with three children and a pretty great husband.  My life is a mess, though...literally.  I'm not organized like I would like to be and I can think of a million things that need to happen before housekeeping does.  I love organization, but I just can't seem to develop systems that work for me and my family.

I travel with my job, so when I'm away, things get even messier with all of the household duties falling on my husband, who is amazing at keeping things together.  I love old fashioned things and doing things the old way...but I sometimes cheat! 

When we bought our 1920's house, we filled it with some antiques of the time along with modern conveniences that seemed to fit.  I never really want my house's contents to look like it doesn't belong in its bones, but I also don't want it to look stuffy or uncomfortable.

I have three children...14 year old twins with a cheerleader and a football player, and a 12 year old sports statistician in the making!  Anyone who knows me from school is probably laughing, because I was always more a sports spectator than participant.

I'm hoping to use this blog to store my ideas, my favorite recipes, and my projects.

No comments: